Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rising to the Daily Paintworks
Gift Challenge

Pleasant Surprises © 2011 Karen Mathison Schmidt
5 x 7 • oil on Gessobord
gloss varnish for UV protection

$65

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE from my eBay store

I really wanted to participate in last week’s “Gift” Challenge posted by Carol Marine on Daily Paintworks but I wasn’t coming up with any ideas until Thursday, my Mom’s birthday. Over dinner she was describing the bouquets she received from my aunt and uncle, and from my sister, and suddenly a light bulb went on over my head. I went over Friday morning to take reference photos of her arrangements by the light streaming in through my parents’ living room window. The pearl being June’s birthstone, the white roses had little pearls on wires stuck in amongst them, providing a little extra “bling” to an already beautiful display. Mom just grabbed a gift box out of the closet and stuck a bow on it for a gift prop, et voila! An arrangement tailor-made for the Gift Challenge!

Now I just have to come up with a subject for the Balance Challenge and hopefully I can get that submitted BEFORE the week is up. :)

I’ll post work-in-progress photos mañana.

Good night!

No comments: