Monday, November 17, 2008

A Cow of a Different Color


Thanksgiving Pecan work in progress

Here's the latest work in progress photo of the tree painting I've been working on. As you can see, I've added some different glazes to deepen and change the color over the whole piece. Now the fun part: adding layers and playing with texture. Using a palette knife in places adds a bit of the uncontrolled, the unexpected. I love it!

And now, changing the subject ... Sunday afternoon, cleaning out the tip top shelf of a little storage closet I'm just now getting to (I'm telling you, there are so many nooks a crannies in this house!) I found a couple of neato, keen and swell treasures. I'll take some pics and show you those tomorrow.

Meanwhile, here's a photo I took from our balcony a couple of days ago. Some cows in the rain. There were these cows up under my favorite pecan tree out in the pasture.

Five cows, each a different color. Petty cool.


1 comment:

Helen Read said...

This is breath taking! I love your color and abstraction!