Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Designing kitty

SOLD

Princesse des Fleurs  © 2013 Karen Mathison Schmidt, artist
6 x 6 inches • oil on museum-quality, archival GessobordTM
private collection • Connewarre, Victoria, Australia


Here’s Jo, pretending she’s queen of the woodlands. Unfortunately, her flower crown is just a smidge too large for her. That’s okay with her though; she’d just as soon sit inside it as wear it any day.

I painted this one from a photo I took right after she came to join our family, when she was still a kitten and cute as a little multi-colored button.

Now she’s very grown-up, a tall and graceful “teenager.”

She’s also getting very bossy.

While I was in the planning stage for this painting, she took it upon herself to supervise the cropping.

I’m sure she’ll be wanting to apply for admission to design school next fall.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm thinking she'll be expecting her share of the proceeds!