Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Coming soon to a painting near you ...

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

PSALM 19:1

Sunday evening following a stormy afternoon, I was just blown away by the beauty of the clouds as I drove home from town. I pulled into our driveway, ran into the house, kissed Paul hello as I was quickly pulling on my “walking in the pasture” boots, took two seconds to spritz on some mosquito-repelling Off (which was supposed to be “Unscented” but still had the faintest hint of the unmistakable smell of Off classic, embedded into my memory from childhood camping trips), and hurried out to the pasture to take some photos in the quickly changing light. I had about ten minutes of a spectacular light and color show in every direction before the light faded to gray and I headed back in, elated that I had made it home just in time to capture this display. 

Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

can't wait to see that one!!

LynS said...

You're right, this was a stunning sight indeed. Nobody can paint them like the Master, but I think he planted enough of the artist in each of us to want to try - or, at least to appreciate his artistry.