Saturday, October 18, 2014

I'm back … with a new cat painting, even!

SOLD

On the Edge  © 2014 Karen Mathison Schmidt
8 x 8 x 3/4 inches • oil on Museum Series cradled GessobordTM
private collection • Alger, Michigan

The Red River Revel arts festival last week was wonderful and I’ll be sharing photos soon. Meanwhile, here’s a new painting of Jo I did today. I used a palette of vibrant and earthy fall colors for this fun painting, and working on it with all the windows open to this afternoon’s cool autumn breeze was an absolute joy.


5 comments:

PaintingWrite said...

Your work is beautiful. You have a wonderful looseness and painterly style that I really aspire to.

inthewoods said...

Hi, I bought this painting and it is happily in Alger Michigan and we LOVE it. You are really incredibly talented!!!

inthewoods said...

Hi, I bought this painting and it is happily in Alger, Michigan and we LOVE it. You are really incredibly talented!!!

Karen M Schmidt said...

Nicola, thanks so much … happy painting!

Karen M Schmidt said...

Amy, thanks so much, I'm SO glad you love it in your home, and I really appreciate your purchase … sorry I had the wrong location info for this original, thanks for letting me know my mistake :)