Wednesday, August 10, 2016

New kitty painting in progress, and Moustachio weighs in

The beginnings of a new cat painting: I drew the initial sketch in pencil on my Gessobord, then went over it with ultramarine blue acrylic, mixing it with Liquitex matte medium to make it transparent.

Then I added a cadmium yellow light glaze in places where I knew I wanted to end up with an orangey red in the underpainting.

After adding glazes of naphthol crimson, I went back in and added another layers or two of ultramarine glaze in some places, and now the acrylic underpainting is finished!

Tomorrow I’ll finish with oils. Can hardly wait until morning! 

Okay. You have now done approximately seventy gazillion paintings of Jo. Don’t you think it’s about time you did another one of MOI?? My fans, they grow restless!

No comments: