Saturday, April 8, 2017

Blessings galore


Majesty  © Karen Mathison Schmidt
48 x 36 inches • acrylic & oil on cradled GessobordTM

Commission • Lafayette, Louisiana

A couple of weeks ago I enjoyed a wonderful drive down to Lafayette to deliver this commissioned painting to its new home. After weeks of emailing and texting it was fun finally meeting Annie in person.

She and her husband collect Louisiana artists, and it's an honor to have one of my paintings in their beautiful home. And a double honor that they had me to this painting on the occasion of the birth of their second son. So cool to think that growing up, he'll think of this lion as his very own painting.

To top it all off, Annie very kindly gave me some popcorn snacks and a huge bottle of water for my drive back home. Thanks, Annie!

(From the “You might be an artist if ... ” file: I’m sure all you artists out there already noticed how the Sea Salted Caramel is totally color coordinated with my notebook cover. And my charge cord.)

And then: the perfect ending to a wonderful day ...

Hallelujah.

No comments: