Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow and dogs do mix!


Night before last, Andy (our Great Pyrenees cross) woke me up around 2:30 a.m. and wanted to go out, so I sleepily got up and let him out the back door and stood waiting for him to want to come back in. A few minutes went by and he didn't come back to the door, so I poked my head out and called him.
I could hear him running around, but he wouldn’t come in, and it was really cold, so I went back to bed.

I got up a few minutes later to call him in before I fell asleep again, but he still wouldn’t come when I called, so I went back to bed and Paul asked, “what is he doing?” and I said “I don’t know, he just doesn’t want to come in yet.” We went back to sleep. About a half hour later Andy woke us up barking to be let in, and in the morning I discovered what it was that was keeping him outside.


He had been running around in the snow.


The last time we really had any snow to speak of was two years ago, right around the time Andy was born, so this was his first experience with the stuff. In fact, Trixie is our only dog who has had snow experience. So I got dressed and took everyone out for some fun. Trixie and Andy ran right out into the yard, but Buster, Matilda, Blue and Sophie hung out on the back porch for a minute or two, not exactly sure if it was ok to step on the strange white substance on the back steps. After a while, though, everyone was running around having a blast.


I’m not exactly sure what this is, but I have the distinct feeling that this is what I was made for.











Ha!

Come back here, you!

I think I gave him the slip ...

YIKES!

That was a good one, man, I never saw you coming.




I’m cold ... I think I’m gonna head in.

Yeah, us, too ... a warm fire sounds good right now ...

Hey, wait ...

Where’d everybody go? It’s not that cold out here.

Hey, c’mon, you guys, let’s play some more ...
it’s at least 30° out here!




No comments: