Thursday, June 7, 2012

I love a mystery!

Wa-hoo! I’ve finished the illustrations for Murder and Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction by Amy Metz. The book comes out in August, from Iconic Publishing. I can’t wait to read it ... I LOVE a mystery! Here’s the link to her website so you can read all about it.

Here’s the painting for the back cover of Amy’s book:

Welcome to Goose Pimple Junction © 2012 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
14 x 11 inches • acrylic on cradled Gessobord

And the final version of the painting for the front cover: 

 Slick & Junebug’s Diner © 2012 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
14 x 11 inches • acrylic on cradled Gessobord

And finally, how the finished back and front covers will look:



3 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Both paintings are beautiful, Karen. I love all the colors in the trees!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Looks really good and I'm sure will contribute to sales of the book.It isn't the first time I've been drawn to a book by it's cover....kinda knocks the old saying of 'never judge a book by it's cover' out the window lol

T said...

I LOVE this and would pick up the book just because of the cover. Makes me want to visit!