Monday, August 4, 2014

Raffles, cover cat!

I love cats because I enjoy my home;
and little by little, they become its visible soul.

– JEAN COCTEAU 

Ol’ Blue Eyes  © 2013 Karen Mathison Schmidt

This picture is a detail of a commissioned painting I did last year of a ragdoll cat named Raffles. I’m honored and excited that Ol’ Blue Eyes was chosen as the cover art for the August 15, 2014, issue of the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, which will hit newsstands this week! Woo-hoo!


Well, okay, maybe not newsstands, but animal hospitals and veterinarians’ offices and university veterinary departments and various other places of that ilk. That still calls for a hearty “woo-hoo!” in my book.

When I told Raffles’ Mom about the upcoming cover, she said, “I always 
knew he was a star!”

You can see art which has graced the covers of previous issues of JAVMA

Raffles  © 2013 Karen Mathison Schmidt
9 x 12 inches • oil on cradled GessobordTM
private collection • El Paso, Texas

Signed and numbered Limited Edition 
fine art prints are available
and

1 comment:

LynS said...

Love this! Glad you posted it!