Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pontoufle!

 Pontoufle WORK IN PROGRESS • oil on 6 x 6 GessobordTM

Here’s my latest work in progress: the first painting of Pontoufle (pronounced pahn-toof; French for bedroom slipper, and named after the imaginary Kangaroo -- or WAS he imaginary? -- in the movie Chocolat). All grown up at almost 11 months, relaxing in his favorite chair by the window. 

I think this painting may be spoken for, but Pontoufle is proving to be so much fun to paint (as I knew he would) that I’m sure there will be many future paintings featuring his furry self.

WARNING: EXTREME CUTENESS ALERT! 

The following link will take you to some ALARMINGLY ADORABLE 
pics of our furry hero when he first came to live with us.


Oh, and before I forget, here’s the finished version of the paperwhites painting, which was snapped up by one of my collectors here in Shreveport before I had a chance to even post this picture. 

I love it when that happens!

SOLD

Wild Bunch III: Paperwhites  © 2015 Karen Mathison Schmidt
16 x 12 • oil on deep cradled Museum Series GessobordTM
private collection • Shreveport, Louisiana

No comments: