Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A different direction

Psalm 143:8

Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning;
For I trust in You;
Teach me the way in which I should walk;
For to You I lift up my soul.



Becoming Gold ©2009 Karen Mathison Schmidt
6 x 6 • acrylic on Gessobord

SOLD • private collection, Fort Collins, Colorado

This started out as a picture of our driveway at my favorite time of day in the summertime, when the dappled gold of the setting sun through the trees defines their shape. Somewhere along the way the driveway decided it wanted to be a little river. Sometimes this kind of thing happens when you’re in the creation zone, and the best course of action is usually just to go with it. So I did!

Here are some work-in-progress photos:







And some brushwork details:






No comments: