Thursday, February 9, 2012

Gone fishin’



Because of all the rain we’ve been having, the ponds out in the pasture are overflowing, making for good fishing for the egrets. Yesterday I went stalking with my camera, quietly tiptoe-ing from tree to tree, trying to sneak close enough to capture a good picture ...


Oh, man, I was spotted!


He (she?) flew way down to the end of the pasture to join his (or her) mate. 
Good thing I brought along my zoom lens.


In ultra stealth mode, I inched closer and closer to the two birds, 
who seemed to be engrossed in their fishing ...


... spotted again! But this time he flew right by me up to the north end of the pond. 
The way the afternoon sun was hitting him makes him seem kind of two-dimensional here.


 A beautiful landing.


After a few more long distance shots of egrets I decided to head back 
to the horses, a much more camera-friendly bunch.




CHEEEEEEEEZE!

No comments: