Thursday, August 30, 2012

Battening down the hatches


I’m trying out blogging from my phone; not sure quite how the picture will load. It's an experiment, so we'll see how it goes!

I just got through bringing in the cushions and pillows from the front porch chairs so they won't get soaked later tonight in case we start getting the heavy wind and rain predicted for our area from now-tropical-storm Isaac. It's already really windy but no rain yet.

My thoughts and prayers are with those of you down south of us who have already been dealing with the storm today (which also just happens to be the 7th anniversary of devastating Hurricane Katrina).

I found out tonight that a friend is going with a volunteer disaster relief team tomorrow to help cook meals for storm victims who have evacuated to shelters, and that a lot of our local military and National Guard personnel were dispatched today to help rescue people in flooded Plaquemines Parish. Tonight we're praying for all of those putting themselves in harm’s way to get stranded residents to safety.

2 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Will be thinking of you be safe x

Virginia Floyd said...

Be safe! I was thinking about you this morning as I was watching the news and wondering whether you are in the storm's path.