Monday, December 30, 2013

Gearing up for the new year

This morning I caught this one of Buster sitting out in the sun porch, which was more like a shade porch on this dreary winter day. I love sunny days the best, but there’s something irresistible to me about the soft light of a cloudy day filtering into the house through these big windows.

He was sitting in the perfect spot for the quilt behind him to crown him with a star, like some kind of Aztec King.

Or Las Vegas showgirl. I can’t decide which.

Today I’ve been busy gearing up for 2014: putting finishing touches on my new website and working on details of certain artistic plans I have for the coming year. Like, for instance, submitting samples of my work to a publishing company, applying to participate in a major arts festival, and teaching a few workshops. I plan to announce dates and places here on my blog in the VERY near future, so those of you who have been asking about a workshop, thank you for your patience, and keep checking in!

Meanwhile, I have three works in progress, so there will be new paintings soon, too.

Hasta maƱana, amigos y amigas, and happy painting!

No comments: