Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Stunner painting finished!

 
Stunner  © 2015 Karen Mathison Schmidt
9 x 12 inches • oil on cradled Museum Series GessobordTM
Commission • Lewisberry, Pennsylvania

A couple of weeks ago a very talented mosaic artist, Jo Alexander, contacted me for permission to use my “Solace” painting:

as color reference for a landscape piece she was planning to do from a photo she had taken at her home:

I happily gave permission (and thanks so much, Jo, for asking!) and told her I would love to see her finished work:


And then (speaking of “stunning”) Jo commissioned me to do a portrait of her beautiful cat, Stunner, who, sadly, had passed away last year, and is still greatly missed. I’ve truly enjoyed painting this handsome kitty (called “a real stunner” when he was just a kitten, by Jo’s son, and the name stuck). 

Thanks and hugs, Jo!

No comments: