Saturday, May 14, 2016

Fresh off the easel: Great Dane!

• SOLD

Riveted  © 2016 Karen Mathison Schmidt
6 x 6 inches • oil on ⅛" Museum Series (archival) GessobordTM
private collection • Southport, North Carolina

I’ve been painting and painting (and obviously not blogging at all), working on a few commissions for quite a while now, and I’m working on editing a couple of step-by-step posts to publish soon, so keep checking back!

I’ve also been busy downloading and editing the nearly 4,000 (not kidding) photos I took during my trip to Savannah in April. This big guy was just one of the dogs I met (along with their very friendly owners!) while out walking through the neighborhoods and in the parks, and his “Mom” graciously gave me permission to take some photos. 

This photo will give you an idea of how huge he really is:

I just love a dog that you don’t have to bend down to pet!

No comments: