Monday, May 30, 2011

Looking forward to pickin’ time ...

In a Pear Tree © 2011 Karen Mathison Schmidt
5 x 7 inches • oil on Gessobord
gloss varnish for UV protection

Click here to bid
Auction ends June 4

The pear tree in our back yard will be heavy laden with these ripe golden pears by summer’s end. They’re always so sweet and juicy; I can hardly wait ’til pickin’ time!

This afternoon when I finished the pond landscape I was working on, I wasn’t quite ready to wrap things up, painting-wise, so I did this little one, using the same color palette as the landscape. Fun to do some quick, loose brushwork after working on the color layering of the landscape.

Sorry, no work-in-progress photos on this, but I will divulge that I started with a bright red underpainting. You probably could have guessed that by looking closely at the edges of the pears and leaves!

No comments: