Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sophie! a new dog painting in progress ...


Here’s the work-in-progress photo of a painting I started today ... Sophie was having a little lie-down this morning after a barking-at-squirrels session in the back yard went a little long. The color combinations of Redbone Coonhound against powder blue garden-y rug and red-and-greenish quilt hanging off the edge of the sofa were irresistible; I just had to take a few reference photos, then I put aside what I had planned to paint today and did this instead.

The last time I painted Sophie by herself she was just on the verge of emerging from puppyhood:


I can’t wait to see what happens with this new one!


Neither can I!


2 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

And I can't wait either loved her emerging painting what a face :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

I know! She’s always got the cutest quizzical look ... and she’s so curious, I think she must be part cat ...