Sunday, September 23, 2012

Colorado road trip series continues ...

I Love a Road Trip No. 3: Summer Light

SOLD

Summer Light  © 2012 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
24 x 18 x 7/8 inches • acrylic on archival, museum-quality, cradled GessobordTM
private collection • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I finished this one yesterday but ran out of time for blogging, so here it is! This is actually composed from ... let’s see ... about five different reference photos. Gotta run for now, but I’ll show the photos in my next post!

Later, taters!




2 comments:

Kathleen said...

This one really grabbed me! Just beautiful. You did a masterful job of patching together your five reference photos because this looks like a totally natural beautiful scene. Stunning!

Anonymous said...

I am just dying over here on the west coast!! I want a workshop from you!!! This is just stunning!!! I placed my bid!!