Favorite Chair © 2012 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
6 x 6 inches • acrylic on archival, museum-quality GessobordTM
private collection • Poway, California
I ran across this list yesterday on Pinterest, and laughed and laughed. It describes our seven canine family members to a T.
All except for the last two rules. We’re not there yet.
At least not quite.
- The dog is not allowed in the house
- OK, the dog is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms.
- The dog is allowed in all rooms, but has to stay off the furniture.
- The dog can get on the old furniture only.
- Fine, the dog is allowed on all furniture, but is not allowed to sleep with humans on the bed.
- OK, the dog is allowed on the bed, but only by invitation.
- The dog can sleep on the bed whenever he wants, but not under the covers.
- The dog can sleep under the covers by invitation only.
- The dog can sleep under the covers every night.
- Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the dog.