Monday, September 17, 2012

Equal time for dogs

SOLD

Napscape II: Buster  © 2012 by Karen Mathison Schmidt
6 x 6 inches • acrylic on archival, museum quality GessobordTM
private collection • Bozeman, Montana

A rainy day here in the Ark-La-Tex. A good day for an afternoon snooze in a comfy chair.

By the way, I fully intended to post work-in-progress pics of this one, but didn’t realize until I uploaded the photos from my camera that I had accidentally turned off the automatic focus. Now, I am perfectly capable of using the manual focus, but thinking the autofocus was engaged, why bother? Anyway, the bottom line is that my progress pics were fuzzy. And therefore uninformative. So there you go.

I will say that I had a lot of fun with the brushstrokes on this one ... yesterday I watched a 2008 video of a Carol Marine painting, so today I felt inspired to be even looser and quicker with my strokes, just to see what would happen. 

Well, let me tell you: fun happened.

I can hardly wait to try it again tomorrow!

No comments: