Friday, March 28, 2014

Daffodils on parade

I found I could say things with color and shapes 
that I couldn’t say any other way – 
things I had no words for.”

GEORGIA O’KEEFE


SOLD

Debs  © 2014 Karen Mathison Schmidt, artist
6 x 6 inches • oil on 1/8" GessobordTM
private collection • Shreveport, Louisiana

After working on the big painting today I felt like I needed to paint something quick and loose to wind down a little, so as this beautiful warm spring day was coming to an end (and thunderstorms started moving in!) I did this one by rearranging some blossoms from the large painting into a little composition of their own. Starting with a gessobord painted with phthalo blue acrylic, I dove right in without a sketch AND without my glasses, just to see what would happen.

Fun happened. This painting happened. Hallelujah.

No comments: