Friday, June 10, 2011

More work-in-progress,
and Happy Birthday, Mom!

More work-in-progress on the mama dog & puppy painting:


It was a short painting day today; this morning I spent some time doing some housekeeping on my website, and I stopped earlier in the afternoon than usual so I could get ready to go out to dinner tonight for my Mom’s birthday.

I did make some good progress on the puppy in the painting ... and I think I was smiling the whole time. Every now and then as the little puppy face was emerging I just laughed out loud; he’s just such a cutie pie! It was kind of difficult getting all his folds upon folds of skin just right ... I think it’s getting there.

Here are my work-in-progress photos from today’s session:


There’s our little sleepy-eyed Mickey, slowly emerging from the blue background.


Here I can’t quite decide whether he looks more like an Ewok, or like he’s wearing blue little kid pajamas with a hood.



Here’s where I stopped today, and headed out with Paul to go out to dinner with my brother and my parents in celebration of Mom’s EIGHTIETH! Yep, the big 8-0. You would never know it if I hadn’t told you.


Here are Mom and Dad outside the restaurant. Dad will be hitting 80 in January. Somebody once said he looks like Santa Claus in his off season. My husband says he looks like Hemingway.

Anyway, I hope Paul and I look this good in about 26 years.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

1 comment:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating the big 8o. Your Mum and Dad make a lovely couple :)

Painting is coming along a treat!