Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Original Morning Light art
for published illustration
now available for purchase

Morning Light © 2009 Karen Mathison Schmidt
16 x 20 • acrylic on 3/4" cradled Gessobord
sides painted dark umber
can be beautifully displayed with or without a frame
gloss varnish for UV protection and easy cleaning

$1,250

Click here to purchase from my eBay store.
I’m happy to say I was selected to be one of several contributing artists in a book on painting techniques by UK author/artist Gill Barron. Several of my finished paintings are used as illustrations; I’ve decided to make my ORIGINAL “Morning Light” still life/interior painting, which is one of two multi-page step-by-step projects I have in the book, available for purchase in my eBay store.

The step-by-step demo for this painting, along with a full-page image of the finished piece, appear in the book, entitled Acrylic Secrets: 300 Tips and Techniques for Painting the Easy Way, distributed by Reader’s Digest world-wide. You can find a link to the book on Amazon in the sidebar to the right.

No comments: