Saturday, November 30, 2013

New cat painting emerging … plus a location shoot

For those of you who have been awaiting a new cat painting, specifically a Jo painting …

… here she comes!

I was working on this one this afternoon when I remembered I was supposed to try to get a photo of myself “on location” for an upcoming project to be revealed later, and I wanted to do it today while it was nice and sunny, making for interesting shadow play in the background. Also because today wasn’t as cold as it’s been here lately -- not as much bundling up required!

Since Paul is unable to walk out to “the location” with me, I decided to attempt a self-portrait photo with me in the landscape I love to paint, and I set out into the beautiful afternoon with Roadie tagging along and just a tad over an hour’s worth of good light before the sun would be down behind the trees.

My goals for the photo: a good likeness and an interesting composition and a beautiful background. And not too obvious that I was taking my own picture. Oh, and I wanted to look relaxed and natural, too.

Piece of cake!

Right?
Okay, not bad for the first one. I like the background. 
Paul calls this my “driver’s license smile.”

Love the background, but I look kind of like zombie church lady.

This is Paul’s favorite. A total accidental shot: I could never have orchestrated or even predicted Roadie’s coming along right then, and I didn’t mean to click it while I was looking down, but I kind of love it.

Except for the tree growing out of my head.

Oh, wait. I forgot I wasn’t going to look at the camera.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! This is like the high school portrait where you’re supposed to be looking off into your future. I busted out laughing as soon as I saw it. Roadie couldn’t figure out what I was laughing at. Nice background, though.

 This one and the one below are probably the finalists.


But I’ll let you in on a little secret ...

This here’s the REAL me!



No comments: