Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Busy Days!


Magnolia © 2007 Karen Mathison Schmidt
7 x 5 • acrylic on gessobord
varnished for protection and easy cleaning
CLICK HERE to bid!

After working on a large floral for a couple of days, I wanted to do a little one, loose and quick. The only part of this one I blocked in before starting to paint was the blossom itself. Everything else kind of emerged as I went along. The colors on this one have a Christmas kind of feel to me.

Short posts these days while preparing for our move into the house in the next 2-3 weeks. (Exciting!) I'm also planning to start listing on eBay tomorrow. Maybe. At least that's the plan ... we'll see how the day goes!

Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is beautiful, Karen, it almost has a stained glass feeling to it!

Leslie Anne Pease said...

Well...
1. Nice piece! Love the colors and details. You really have a way with the flowers!

2. Good luck on the move! Hope you settle quickly.

3. Good luck with eBay! I will try to find your items there!