Monday, May 21, 2007

Girls Rule!


Girls Rule! © 2007 Karen Mathison Schmidt
12 x 12 • acrylic on 3/4" cradled gessobord
Private Commission

I just put the finishing touches on this one this morning; here's the formal introduction to these cuties, from my post on May 10, Working from the Inside Out, where you can also see photos of the painting in progress:

“Let me introduce you to Paris and Milan. In this picture, they've just arrived home from the beauty salon virtually oozing cuteness, and you can tell they just know how adorable they are, from their fancy shmancy new top-knot bows all the way down to their sparkling fresh pedicures. I'm not normally a big fan of little bitty dogs with underbites, but I have to tell you that while I was working on this one, every now and then I just laughed out loud – these girls were just cracking me up!”

I just showed this finished piece to Paris and Milan’s “Mommy” and she's thrilled. And if she's thrilled, then I'm thrilled.

No comments: